This is one of my favorite mug cakes to make & is very versatile. You can pretty much use any flavor of protein power you want. Thank you #TheBigMansWorld for sharing this recipe.
A super fluffy and moist vanilla mug cake made with protein powder and is low carb- It’s also ready in under a minute! This healthy Keto Vanilla Mug Cake takes less than a minute to make in the microwave or 12 minutes in the oven- It’s paleo, vegan, gluten-free and sugar free!
How to make a vanilla mug cake with protein powder
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. Add your wet ingredients and mix very well, until a thick and smooth texture remains.
Step 2: Transfer your vanilla mug cake batter into a greased mug or microwave-safe cereal bowl.
Step 3: Microwave the protein powder mug cake for 1-2 minutes, or until ‘just’ cooked. Remove from the oven and enjoy immediately!
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder 32-34 grams
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice*
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chocolate chips of choice optional
For the microwave option
- Grease a microwave safe bowl with cooking spray and add the protein powder, baking powder, coconut flour, sweetener of choice and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix into the dry mixture. Add the milk of choice and vanilla extract- If the batter is too crumbly, continue adding milk of choice until a very thick batter is formed.
- Optional: Top with chocolate chips and microwave for 60 seconds, or until just cooked in the centre.
For more ideas on how you too can make this cake check out The Big Mans World at https://thebigmansworld.com/healthy-1-minute-low-carb-vanilla-mug-cake/